3 carrots (or 12 ounces carrot juice)
1 tablespoon spirulina or chlorella powder
- Juice carrots in a juicer or purchase fresh carrot juice from a health food store.
- Add spirulina to juice and mix very well.
- Drink slowly and enjoy your energy.
- Try different types of greens and super-foods to see how they affect you differently.
- If using bottled carrot juice make sure it is organic.
Home Touch Trail Mix
2 cups almonds, raw
1 cup pecans
2 cups walnuts, raw
2 cups pumpkin or squash seed, raw
2 cups dried cranberries
1 tablespoon olive oil (optional)
- In a bowl mix together almonds, pecans, walnuts and seeds. Cover with water and soak overnight.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Rinse and discard soaking water.
- Add cranberries and add olive oil. Mix until everything is coated well.
- Spread the mixture out evenly on baking sheet and place in the oven for about 20 minutes or until you can smell the roasting nuts and they start to turn a lot.
- Cool and store in air tight glass container.
- Try any nuts and dried fruit you like.
- The nuts and seed do not have to be soaked or can be soaked for a few hours, but doing so helps their digestibility.