You guys! I had this idea! Actually, it was suggested to me by a dear friend who is frequently cold. Last year around this time-ish, she suggested I do a soup cleanse. I shelved the idea for a bit because I had so many other ideas busting my head open at the time. This past January, my hubs and I did a 7 day juice cleanse. If you know me, you know that I do these often and enjoy them. Not sure what was different about this one, but I didn’t enjoy it and was super cold THE WHOLE CLEANSE!!! Soon after that, the light bulb came on and I remembered Jenny’s desire for a SOUP cleanse! This sounded and still sounds heavenly to me.
So, first things first…why do I do cleanses?
I do cleanses because I believe strongly that our bodies need true breaks from constantly digesting food. This time allows the cells to repair and flush out damaged cells.
I do cleanses because it’s a great way for me to do a ‘reset’ of sorts when my eating may not be as clean and healthy as I want (it’s true…see here for my issues with food).
After I finish a cleanse I feel refreshed and energized.
I love challenges…I derive a certain ‘energy’ from doing them and am proud when I complete them.
I do cleanses so my jeans fit a little better!
Am I always perfect on them? Of course not! Sometimes I don’t make it as long as I have planned or I have a food that I am trying to stay away from for the duration. I don’t make it a huge deal. I just go back to my original cleanse plan asap. I must say, though, the more I have done them, the more often I am successful on them.
So, what’s this soup cleanse about?
1. It’s a semi-cleanse because you will be getting to eat a non-soup breakfast. This is a great way to try a cleanse that isn’t as rigid as a juicing one.
2. It’s a short-ish one…just 5 days.
3. You will be flooding your body with lots of healthy vegetables in an easy to digest form which will help reduce inflammation in your body.
4. I will give you the meal plan and the soup recipes (but you are free to use yummy soups of your own as well as pick the days/meals you want to have them on)
5. You will be supported and encouraged daily by me as well as by other participants in a private facebook group.
6. This is predominately a vegetarian/dairy free plan (as far as the soup recipes go) so if you have ever wanted to see how your body responds on this kind of a diet, this is a fun way to try it.
7. If you want animal protein, you can have it as well as complex carbs for your breakfast meal.
You have time to think about it, ask me questions and maybe pull some of your cookbooks out and check out the soup recipes!
This cleanse will be from FEBRUARY 22-FEBRUARY 26…you can prep for it on the weekend before and be done with it by the next weekend! See…easy peasy!
Come try this with me and give your body a break and help those pants fit a little more comfortably!!
Everything is always way more fun with a friend!! Sign up with a friend and you both get 25% off! $50 total/2 people ($25/each)